Ever since I was little, floor plans have fascinated me. Each weekend, the Sunday paper arrived and I combed through the real-estate section for drawings of newly constructed homes. I loved imagining the space based on the architect's map of the interior.
There's so much new construction in Beirut, and much of it is residential. Outside some of these new structures, there are floor plans of the interior, and I find them just as fascinating as I ever did.
This plan shows two homes on a single level. The three orange squares are elevators. To the right and left of the elevators are the entrances for each unit.
Some things I find notable:
1. The family bedrooms are all located in a cluster, usually there's a door that separates them from the living space.
2. Two living rooms. This is a must.
3. Two dining areas, also a necessity
4. Separate elevator and entrance for the maid.
5. The maid has a room connected to the kitchen, away from the family space.