22.12.10

Red and Gold

We've had lovely, clear, sunny skies lately. Perfect for photographing the trees downtown in the Beirut Souks shopping mall.

A friend recently told me that she saw real trees for sale in a shop near her home--$250 for a tree that would sell for a tenth of that in the states. It's silly, but I actually thought that sounded like a price I might pay . . . some other year.

The trees decorated in red and gold are at the south end of the Souks. The north end is decorated in gold and silver. I'll post those pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love crystal chandelier hanging over the trees! Our poor Christmas trees are graced only with bare bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas trees. have a nice celebration, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete