Most of the headstones at the British Cemetery had emblems (medallions, insignias?) carved into them. They represent units, nations, corps of service.
Most of the images in the collage are are from WWII headstones. Exceptions noted below.
They are left to right, beginning with the top row:
1. Royal Indian Army Service Corps
2. Motor Mechanic - H.M.S. "Nile"
3. Machine Gun Corps (WWI)
4. African Pioneer Corps - East Africa
5. Australian Imperial Force
6. Rifleman - London Irish Rifles
7. South Africa
8. Women's Auxiliary Air Force
9. Essex Regiment (WWI)
10. Driver - N.Z. Army Service Corps
11. Craftsman - R.E.M.E.
I missed some good ones, including Hussars, Canadians, and the Catering Corps. All would be interesting I'm sure. I'll just have to go back for more photos.