4.11.09

Shortcut

If you've seen my St. Louis blog, you know that for the past two years, our family lived in a house with a big yard, surrounded by more houses situated in their own big yards. That's what our corner of St. Louis was like for miles in every direction. Houses, yards, space, stuff spread out. Walking is completely impractical in that kind of an environment. Why would I walk my kid to preschool? I can drive there and back in 7 minutes (YES I timed it) and walking there and back would have taken half an hour.

Beirut is another story entirely. Because of traffic jams it is often much faster to go on foot and when you do you find the most lovely shortcuts.

I found this stairway the other day. Wouldn't work for cars or scooters, but perfect for me.

6 comments:

  1. The palette is so beautiful, so organic. The angle pulls us right in. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann - great stairway! Wonderful to see a CDP blog from Beirut! Looking forward to your daily photos! Kind regards from EAGAN daily photo in the Twin Cities

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your blog, mainly bec. i'm curious what's in and out of beirut, hoping to see more of your pictures! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fascinating place. It must be quite a change in environment, one I would welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beirut! I love it, one of my favorite places on earth! Welcome to the CDP family! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great place to walk through. I think I'd try to find a way to walk often in that direction.

    ReplyDelete